Translate

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

2021 - Moving beyond the chains of "Chapters"

Ever since 2014, I had used numerical values to catalog the Israeli occupation transgressions against Palestinian sports, putting them in chapters and sections. I have found out, as the number of chapters and their sub-chapters grew that -if I continued with the same approach- there wouldn't be enough "chapters" to cover the truth of the injustice that Palestinian sports endure on a daily basis; I would simply lose track, and the stark-simple stories of so many injustices will not be mentioned. Sadly, the occupation will not be over soon; the international sport governing bodies will continue to sympathize -and perhaps some will even condemn the brutality of the occupation- but I don't see them finding solutions that protect our sports and enable them to develop freely any time soon.

It has been years since I last wrote. I cannot of course claim that I have recorded everything. I simply do not have the resources. I only hope I was able to give a representative glimpse of the impossible hardships faced by Palestinian sports; of people's lives that have been lost, sport structures that were destroyed, and dreams that were buried too soon.

Re-starting with this year, 2021, I will post events separately, and let them tell their own stories. I won't even have a report in this current post I'm writing. Its purpose will be to mark a transition from a way of blogging that employed the chronicling of successive events in a timeline, to one that relays the facts as they happen, and leaves the interpretation to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment